Gun Mage

Hit Die: d6
Gunmage
Skill per Level: 2 + Int modifier
Class Skills: Bluff, Climb, Perception, Craft, Intimidate, Knowledge(Arcana), Spellcraft, Swim

Class Features

Spellcaster: A Gunmage is a spellcaster see here for information on spell casting. Their spell list is on the bottom of this page. The learn and cast spells in exactly the same fashion as Sorcerers, using Charsima to determine Bonus Spell Points, DCs, and the maximum level of spells they can cast.

Spell Points:
Level 1: 1
Level 2: 2
Level 3: 4
Level 4: 6
Level 5: 8
Level 6: 11
Level 7: 17
Level 8: 20
Level 9: 26
Level 10: 33
Level 11: 39
Level 12: 46
Level 13: 56
Level 14: 63
Level 15: 74
Level 16: 88
Level 17: 103
Level 18: 121
Level 19: 142
Level 20: 155

Spells Known:
In addition to the spells below, Gun mages know an additional 1st-level spell at 1st level.
Gunmagespells

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All Simple Weapons, All Pistols, Light Armor.

Gunner: All receive Gunner as a bonus feat at 1st level, even if they do not meet the prerequisites.

Arcane Focus: So long as a gun mage has a pistol, they can ignore all material components for spells costing less than 100g.

Additionally any touch attack spells that produce a ray may be channeled through a pistol, and benefit from any feats the user has for pistols (such as weapon focus), as well as the pistol’s range (if greater than the ray) however, normal pistols aren’t designed for this kind of use and have a 25% chance to be destroyed in the process. Magelock pistols are immune from this effect.

Reinforcing Runes: A Gunmage’s Magelock pistol is carved with an intricate series of protective runes. There is a 5% chance per level (to a maximum of 95% at the 20th) if the Gunmage’s bonded pistol would take damage insufficient to destroy it outright the pistol remains completely unharmed.

Bond with Magelock Pistol: Once a Gunmage acquires a Magelock pistol they may bond with it. This requires alchemical materials and time. The value of the materials needed and time depend on how many magelock pistols the Gunmage has bonded with.

1st Pistol: 100gp/1day
2nd Pistol: 200gp/2days
3rd Pistol:1000gp/10 days
4th Pistol:3000gp/15 days
5th or More:6,000gp/30 days

Bonded Pistol Abilties:

-Alert: A Gunmage wielding a Bonded pistol receives a +2 bonus to perception checks.

-Deliver Ranged Touch Attacks: Starting at 3rd level, as a full-round action a Gunmage to choose to cast a ranged touch attack spell, with a casting time of 1-standard action or less as a part of an attack. If the attack hits, the target is also effected by the spell.

-Deliver Touch Attacks: Starting at 5th level, the gun mage can deliver melee touch attacks through bullets in the same fashion as ranged touch attacks.

-Sighting Link: Starting at 7th level the Gunmage can “See” through the pistol’s sights, instead of their own eyes. This allows the Gunmmage to fire without looking, while blinded, or around corners, etc..

-Call Pistol: Starting at 9th level the Gunnmage can cause their bonded gun to fly into their hands if it is unattended. Doing so is a move action, and they can call as many bonded pistols as they have free hands. If they have the quick draw feat, this is a free action.

-Gun Scrye: Starting at 13th level the Gunmmage may scry on their pistol (as though using the spells scrying) once per day. This is a spell-like ability that needs no materials or focus.

NOTE: A Magelock pistol functions as a military pistol, though they are harder to find and more expensive.

Gun Mage Spell List

A Gunmage may bond with a maximum number of magelock pistols up to their Charisma modifier.

Cast Rune Bullet: The Gunmage can cast special bullets that channel spell energy.
When firing a rune-cast bullet the Gunmage may choose to spend spell points to enhance the attack. Each spell point spent adds +1d6 of Force Damage to the attack. The Gunmage cannot spend a number of spell points higher than half their caster level (minimum 1) in this way.

At 6th level, any rune-cast bullet fired is treated as +1 ammunition (even if no spell points are channeled into it. This increases to +2 at the 12th level and 3 at the 18th.

Rune Cast Bullets require 12gp worth of materials to cast each. This includes the lead, powder charge, gold dust and other alchemical agents. A Gunmage can produce about 5 in an hour of steady work. Though, dealing with the small etchings can become tiring if done to excess.

Bonus Feat: The following are bonus feats for a gun mage:

Any Metamagic Feat, Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Skill Focus(Craft[Small Arms]), Spell Focus, Spell Penetration, Weapon Focus(Pistol)

Gun Mage Spell List:

*
0th-Level (Cantrips):*
Arcane Mark
Dancing Lights
Detect Magic
Flare
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage hand
Mending
Message
Open/Close
Prestdigiation
Ray of Frost
Read magic
Resistance
Touch of Fatigue

1st Level
Arcane Bullet*
Alarm
Burning Hands
Cause Fear
Charm Person
Chill Touch
Color Spray
Disguise Self
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Feather Fall
Grease
Hold Portal
Hypnotism
Lesser Confusion
Jump
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Magic Weapon
Magic Aura
Obscuring Mist
Protection from (Good/Evil/Law/Chaos)
Ray of Enfeeblement
Shield
Shocking Grasp
Sleep
True Strike

2nd Level
Alter Self
Arcane Lock
Bear’s Endurance
Blindness/Deafness
Blur
Cat’s Grace
Command Undead
Continual Flame
Darkness
Darkvision
Daze Monster
Detect Thoughts
Eagle’s Splendor
False Life
Flaming Sphere
Fog Cloud
Glitterdust
Gust of Wind
Hypnotic Pattern
Invisibility
Knock
Levitate
Locate Object
Mirror Image
Misdirection
Obscure Object
Protection from Arrows
Pyrotechnics
Resist Energy
Scare
Scorching Ray
See Invisibility
Shatter
Silence
Sound Burst
Spider Climb
Touch of Idiocy
Undetectable Alignment
Web
Whispering Wind

3rd Level
Blink
Crushing Despair
Daylight
Deep Slumber
Dispel Magic
Displacement
Explosive Runes
Fireball
Good Hope
Greater Magic Weapon
Haste
Heroism
Hold Person
Invisibility Sphere
Lightning Bolt
Magic Circle against (Law/Chaos/Good/Evil)
Nondetection
Phantom Steed
Protection from Energy
Rage
Ray of Exhaustion
Shrink Item
Sleet Storm
Slow
Stinking Cloud
Suggestion
Vampiric Touch
Water Breathing
Wind Wall

4th Level
Animate Dead
Bestow Curse
Charm Monster
Confusion
Contagion
Dimension Door
Enervation
Fear
Fire Shield
Fire Trap
Greater Invisibility
Locate Creature
Minor Glob of Invulnerability
Modify Memory
Remove Curse
Resilient Sphere
Shout
Solid Fog
Stoneskin
Wall of Fire
Wall of Ice
Wraith*

5th Level
Break Enchantment
Cloudkill
Cone of Cold
Dominate Person
Feeblemind
Hold Monster
Interposing Hand
Mage’s Faithful Hound
Mage’s Private Sanctum
Magic Jar
Mind Fog
Permanency
Seeming
Sending
Stone Shape
Symbol of Pain
Symbol of Sleep
Telekinesis
Telepathic Bond
Teleport
Wall of Force
Wall of Stone
Waves of Fatigue
Zone of Silence

6th Level
Acid Fog
Antimagic Field
Chain Lightning
Circle of Death
Contingency
Create Undead
Death Bullet*
Disintegrate
Eyebite
Flesh to Stone
Forceful hand
Freezing Sphere
Geas/Quest
Globe of Invulnerability
Greater Dispel magic
Greater Heroism
Greater Shout
Guards and Wards
Mass Suggestion
Mislead
Polar Ray
Repulsion
Stone to Flesh
Symbol of Fear
Symbol of Persuasion
Transformation
Wall of Iron

Gun Mage

Iron Kingdoms Mercs - Fall 2011 Blarmb